NATE Training Academy
Your Trusted NATE Training Provider
Interplay Learning is the exclusive online training partner for the NATE Training Academy, and can prepare your technicians for the NATE Certified HVAC Professional-5 (CHP-5) Exam, traditional Core or Specialty exam, Ready to Work certification, and Low-GWP Refrigerants certification.
Delivering the Highest Standard in Skills Training
As a trusted NATE training provider, we have the perfect course to get your workforce started on the path to becoming fully NATE certified. Plus, we give them the flexibility to do it online anytime, anywhere.
NATE Ready to Work
Our NATE Ready-to-Work Exam Prep course prepares technicians entering the HVAC field for their Ready-to-Work Certificate. They will learn about fundamental job skills, HVAC system components, tools, measurements, heat transfer, general safety, and electrical safety.
With Interplay, your technicians can prepare to sit for any NATE Certified HVACR Professional-5 (CHP-5) Exam on their chosen pathway to certification. Our courses are aligned directly to the five different CHP-5 exam domains, equipping technicians with the key competencies necessary to help pass their exams.
What does our CHP-5 training cover?
- ELEC104: Intro to Electrical Code
- ELEC107: Wire Types and Sizes
- HVAC054: Trades Math
- HVAC070: Intro to HVAC Mechanical Code
- HVAC100: HVAC Basics (NATE: Ready to Work)
- HVAC101: Introduction to Refrigeration Systems
- HVAC103: Basic HVAC Tools
- HVAC251: EPA Section 608 Prep Course: Core
- ELEC101: Fundamental Electrical Concepts
- ELEC108: AC Power
- ELEC113: How to Use a Multimeter
- ELEC117: Building DC Circuits
- HVAC080: HVAC Controls
- HVAC081: Solid State Electronics
- HVAC201: Symbols and Wiring Diagrams
- HVAC202: Thermostats and Heating Controls
- HVAC204: HVAC Motors
- HVAC206: Compressor Starting Relays and Capacitors
- HVAC315: Electric Furnace Troubleshooting
- HVAC321: Gas Furnace Troubleshooting
- HVAC050: What is HVAC?
- HVAC071: Comfort and Humidity
- HVAC072: Psychrometrics
- HVAC073: Comfort and Airflow
- HVAC102: Temperature, Pressure, and Heat
- HVAC114: HVAC Ducting & Airflow
- HVAC210: Airflow Testing Procedures
- HVAC075: Residential Ducted A/C and Heat Pump Installation
- HVAC076: Gas Furnace Commissioning Overview
- HVAC077: Residential Split A/C System Commissioning
- HVAC104: Leak Check and Evacuation
- HVAC105: Charging Part 1: Tools and Rules
- HVAC106: Charging Part 2: Subcooling and Superheat
- HVAC274: Leak, Evacuation, and Charging
- HVAC110: Introduction to Heat Pumps
- HVAC113: HVAC Maintenance
- HVAC260: Fall HVAC Maintenance Procedures
- HVAC301: Residential A/C Troubleshooting
- HVAC341: Heat Pump Troubleshooting (Residential)
Core and Speciality Exam Pathways
Interplay Learning’s comprehensive SkillMill catalog can also help prepare technicians who want to follow the traditional Core and Specialty exam pathways.
NATE Low-GWP Refrigerants Certification
Interplay helps your technicians gain the skills and knowledge they need to use new low-GWP refrigerants safely. They will learn best practices for working with A2L refrigerants, understand the chemical composition and recall the tools, safety, code, and regulations involved in working with refrigerants.
Continuing Education Credits
Your technicians can earn NATE Continuing Education Units (CEUs) when they complete certain Interplay Learning HVAC courses. This helps them gain the 16 CEUs they need to re-certify every two years.
What’s included in your subscription?
- Ever-expanding Skilled Trades Course Catalog
Learning paths for every skill level
- Short, engaging video content
- Lifelike 3D simulations, VR-enabled
- Knowledge Checks
- Multi-device accessibility: mobile, desktop, laptop, tablet and VR
- NATE CEU Eligibility,
- NATE Training Academy with NATE Ready to Work, NATE Low-GWP Refrigerants, and NATE CHP-5 exam prep courses.