What Is the Interplay Learning Skills Assessment?
The Interplay Learning Skills Assessment is a service offered to businesses allowing them to assess their teams’ skills and abilities. The results give you an objective sense of your worker’s starting point so you can come up with a better, more effective training path.
Does this sound familiar?
- The resumes you’re seeing aren’t telling the full story
- You’re getting a false sense of understanding of what your techs can do because the same, common service problems arise
- You don’t have an objective way to gauge the strengths and weaknesses of your mid-level employees to deliver more advanced training
- Callbacks and bad reviews are the way you’re discovering that you sent the wrong techs on the job
With the Interplay Learning Skills Assessment, we offer a much brighter spotlight on the skills gaps in your team.
There are currently five assessments available to businesses: HVAC, Multi-family Maintenance, Electrical, Plumbing, and Facilities Maintenance. Assessments consist of 50 questions.
For HVAC and Multi-family Maintenance, team members are assessed on the 10 main competencies listed below:
- Electrical Meter
- Converting Pressures to Temperatures
- Evaluating Refrigerant Charge
- Verifying Proper Airflow for AC
- Measuring Input
- Verifying Proper Airflow for Heat
- Vent Inspection and Verification
- Sequence of Operations
- Wiring Diagram Comprehension
- Combustion Efficiency and Safety
- Electrical Meter Use
- Measuring Input (Gas Appliances) (HVAC 1)
- Verifying Proper Airflow (HVAC 2)
- Evaluating Refrigerant Charge (HVAC 3)
- Safe Electrical Work Practices (Electrical 1)
- Wiring Fundamentals (Electrical 2)
- Electrical Organization (Electrical 3)
- Safe Practices in Plumbing (Plumbing 1)
- Pipe Joining and Installation (Plumbing 2)
- Fixture Installation (Plumbing 3)
Once the test is completed, our automated system instantly scores the assessment and delivers a report to you for each team member.
Based on the test results, you’ll know which competencies they need to work on, and receive SkillMill™ course recommendations to help them improve in those competencies.