How to clear cache for Chrome, Firefox and Safari web browsers.
Having erratic game play in the simulation? If you are experiencing one of these issues, emptying the the web browser's cache is your solution:
- Simulation freezes
- Non responsiveness (ex: Clicking on a specific tool or interaction does not enable it)
- Game play isn't consistent
- Simulation doesn't finish loading
Emptying your web browser's cache ensures you are are running the latest version of the sim. See instructions for your web browser below.
Note: After emptying cache, open a fresh browser window and log into sim.
1. At the top right, click More. It's the icon with 3 vertically stacked dots.
2. Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
3. At the top, choose a time range that covers from when you started using the sim (ex: Last 7 days or Last 24 hours).
4. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
5. Click Clear data.
6. Open a new browser window and log into the sim.
1. Click menu button in the upper right corner. It is the icon with 3 horizontal lines. Choose Preferences
2. Select the Privacy & Security panel
3. In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data
4. Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data. (For more information about managing site data, see Manage local site storage settings)
5. With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button
6. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved
7. Open a new browser window and log into the sim
1. From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab
2. Select Show Develop menu in menu bar
3. From the menu bar click Develop > Empty Caches
4. Open a new browser window and log into the sim
Having issues with the online version of SkillMill? Download the SkillMill app for Windows computers